Biography & Week 1

Me standing with Vaidya Vijay of Trivandrum, India
at the Ayurvedic Center that truly changed my trajectory in life (2012).

I've come to AIMC after a career in non-profit fundraising, including working with Community Foundation Sonoma County post-wildfires in the North Bay, where our Resilience Fund facilitated over $15M in direct relief aid to County agencies and residents.

I was quite sick in my early 20's from a ruptured spleen, tropical parasites, and antibiotic overuse. Of course, Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, Yoga, and meditation restored and rejuvenated my life, and my long-standing interest in practicing these systems has manifested in my AIMC enrollment.

In my free time, I'm single and dating, maintaining and enjoying my home in the North Bay, surfing in our wild coast, and spending time with family and friends.

Santa Teresa, the small beach town in Costa Rica where P-Time became my reality. 

Week 1 Reflection: The Meaning of Time

There was a period of my life when I lived full-time in Costa Rica. It was a sublime experience of a warm place with warm-hearted people. I experienced Eastern Polychronic Time(P-Time) on a daily basis, and I wonder if this isn't one the major reasons Americans and "Ex-Pats" so throughly enjoy places not governed by Western Monochronic Time (M-Time). The shift from feeling rigidly governed by the clock in M-Time towards the inclusion of more social/emotional factors in our relation to time felt revelatory to me. And the point about ads at the end of TV shows is nice too.

Time is an interesting idea to me because it I'm not sure how it exists, whether it exists in a relative (impermanent/ contextual) way, a definite way, or doesn't exist at all. Not existing means that "It's always Now", that famous phrase echoed by deep meditators and modern mystics the world over. And yet, time passes, we age and die, and things change. So perhaps it would behoove me to investigate further the idea of the psychological arrow of time, which I can when I catch up with these blogs this weekend. So much to do, so little time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Interdependence: Physics Midterm